- Still / Ákos MajorThursday, August 30th, 2012 11:57 am GMT -8
Here are a series of captivating and artful “minimalist” photographs by 37-year old Vienna-based freelance graphic designer and amateur photographer Ákos Major. These photos were shot in France, Austria and Hungary. Make sure to check out more of his work on his Behance page. -@s_iravani
- The Town House / Elding OscarsonMonday, July 16th, 2012 11:47 am GMT -8
The narrow site is sandwiched between old buildings in Landskrona, Sweden. Though nicely situated by the beach in a growing region, this city has become notorious for its social problems, originally set off by the wharf industry crisis in the 80’s. Our lot has been empty since mid 1900’s. It is barely 5 meters wide with a tiny area of 75 square […]
- Minimalist Lego Cartoon Characters / Jung Von MattTuesday, March 20th, 2012 03:27 pm GMT -8
Clever, yet slightly douche-y Hamburg, Germany advertising group, Jung Von Matt, has presented this clever campaign for Lego.
- International Year of Chemistry / Simon C. PageMonday, December 19th, 2011 12:04 pm GMT -8
A poster series for the International Year of Chemistry of 2011. By graphic designer Simon C. Page. The prints below have all been inspired by a famous chemist or discovery. For full details of these and if you want to purchase one then see my portfolio site at excites.co.uk. A little history on each poster (in order): Atom (Ernest Rutherford) Ernest Rutherford, […]
- Exercises in Style / Grégoire GuilleminMonday, December 19th, 2011 12:02 pm GMT -8
An Art Deco, vintage-ish inspired look to some of our most favorite and well known comic book characters. By artist Grégoire Guillemin.
- Animated Tribute to DRIVETuesday, December 6th, 2011 12:03 pm GMT -8
Here’s a slick minimalist and retro inspired, animated tribute to the instant film classic, Drive, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn. This was created by Tom
- Minimalist Packaging / Antrepo (Mehmet Gozetlik)Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 12:03 pm GMT -8
Art director and designer Mehmet Gozetlik of the design collective, Antrepo, study the effects of simplicity in product packaging
- The Title Design of Saul Bass / Ian AlbinsonTuesday, November 15th, 2011 12:01 pm GMT -8
To celebrate the release of the long-awaited monograph, Saul Bass: A Life in Film & Design, editor, Ian Albinson, put together this marvelous brief visual history of some of Saul Bass‘s most celebrated work in film. If you’re into graphic design, a movie buff, and know you’re history, you’re well aware of Mr. Saul Bass. The man is a legendary and influential graphic […]
- Philosophy Poster Series / Genis CarrerasThursday, November 10th, 2011 12:03 pm GMT -8
Genis Carreras, Philosophy Poster collection is a series with a minimalist approach. Genis is an award winning graphic designer
- Marvel Minimalist Posters / Marko ManevMonday, October 24th, 2011 12:01 pm GMT -8
A minimal approach to some of Marvel Comics greatest icons. This poster series focuses on the symbolic reference of each superheros character. By Marko Manev Each piece can be purchased on his website and iPhone wallpapers are available for download.
- Old-School Instagram Filters / 1000memoriesMonday, October 10th, 2011 12:00 pm GMT -8
Remember when we used film in our cameras? Do you recall how rich those printed images and developed photographs could be? The highly popular smartphone app, Instagram, has done a marvelous job of introducing a series of filters that you can apply to your digital snapshots to give ‘em that nostalgic, stylized, artistic feel. No more hassling with Photoshop, now anyone can […]
- Blanka / John TaylorTuesday, August 23rd, 2011 12:02 pm GMT -8
Check out John Taylor’s Film The Blanks 1 featuring a series of prints using film posters with the content broken down to a minimalist look. Can you guess each movie? More of his work can be seen on Blanka’s website.
- Olly Moss Art Show @ Gallery 1988Friday, May 13th, 2011 07:24 am GMT -8
UK graphic artist, Olly Moss, is on a meteoric rise, deservedly so. Inspired by the likes of Saul Bass and Noma Bar, Moss, himself, has spawned a wave of copycats who attempt to imitate his clever and minimalist style. At a young age, he has already developed a nice body of print work and a devout following. His limited edition silkscreen prints […]